ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System Certification
ISO 22000 certification of the food safety management system is applicable to all types of businesses irrespective of size active in the entire food processing chain from farms, primary manufacturers, food manufacturers, transport suppliers, warehouses, industry, manufacturers of equipment, packaging, cleaning products and all food additives.
This food safety standard was developed by professionals from the food industry and specialised organisations and in cooperation with the Codex Commission, UN (FAO) and WHO.
The ISO 22000 standard builds on benefits of the ISO 9001 quality management system and of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points management system (HACCP) and of the plans for provision of safe food.
Benefits of ISO 22000 certification:
- provides comprehensive and efficient control of food health and safety
- minimizes the occurrence of low-quality and health-risk foods
- increases food safety in the entire food industry chain
- provides a food safety audit by an independent third party
- increases trust by the public, industry and the public sector.